This is the geeky homepage of bert hubert. Please head to Netherlabs or PowerDNS for business related
queries. I can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Possibly relevant: Linkedin,
Table of contents: Food, nutrition, science, health, Startup, business related, Presentations,
Random, Cryptography, Food, Programming, Software, Friends & family pages.
Food, nutrition, science, health
Startup, business related
I love to do presentations & talks, so if you need a speaker on anything that I'm involved with, please contact me.
- 2nd of August, OHM2013 conference, "Feed the hacker, hack the business! Or, how to make money with open source"
- 31st of July, OHM2013 conference, "What you need to know about what you eat: health & weight"
- June, "How to give a good presentation for hackers, engineers, geeks & scientists", includes video
- 15th of May, RIPE66, Dublin, Ireland. “Implementing Full IPv6 Support: More than Binding to an AF_INET6 Socket”, Video! (Update: but also see A surprising discovery on converting IPv6 addresses: we no longer prefer getaddrinfo())
- 22nd of March, Fox-IT. Eten, hoe werkt het & hoe beïnvloedt het mijn gezondheid. Video
- 29th of November, SIDN Relatiedag 2012. Van 27 tot 1.342.465 domeinnamen
met DNSSEC in Nederland: hoe dat komt en wat hebben we geleerd
- 20th of November, Dutch Police / Netherlands Forensic Institute Conference. Presentation available on request
- 23rd of October, Swedish Internet Days, PowerDNS Large Scale DNSSEC Deployments
- 25th of September, DENIC Internet Days, PowerDNS Large Scale DNSSEC Deployments
- 27th of June, ICANN44 in Prague, 'DNSSEC & PowerDNS
Large Scale DNSSEC Deployments' (includes audio)
- 14th of June, VvTP, Physics student body of Delft University of Technology, 'From engineer to entrepreneur, or, "I mastered Quantum Mechanics, but do I have what it takes to start my own
- 25th of May, Thalia, Computer Science student body of Radboud University, 'Modern operating systems'. How we lost the trusted computing base
- 4th of April, Madison Gurkha, Black Hat Sessions Anniversary Edition, On the end of secure computing on general purpose hardware. Partial movie can be found on YouTube.
- 15th of November, Govcert cybersecurity congress, "DNSSEC: Reality & Utility - what problems does it solve today"
- 8th of June, World IPv6 day Amsterdam, "Security Aspects of IPv6"
- 27th of May, Eindhoven University, Keynote of the Symposium 50 years of Mathematics & Computer Science, "Science in Software innovation"
- 20th of May, Hack In The Box, "DNSSEC the good, the bad and the ugly"
- 19th of May, SIDN Relatiedag, "DNSSEC zonder (al) te veel moeite", in Dutch, includes video recording
- 4th of February, Surfcert/Surfnet Security Conference, on DNS security
- 5th of September, Swiss Unix Conference, "Quality of Service under Linux: Theory and Use"
Some random stuff
Linux/Unix stuff, programming
- The perfect error message - required reading for programmers
- How to make your DocBook HTML output
- How to talk to an open source project as a large scale or otherwise interesting user
- Help, my sin() is slow and my FPU is inaccurate
- C++ books I recommend (37000 views so far!)
- PowerDNS.com, my big open source project.
- Some notes on floating point programming with UNIX and Linux
- HOWTO use SIMD (SSE, SSE2, SSE3, 3DNow!, MMX) instructions with gcc.
- Linux 2.4 Advanced Routing & Traffic Shaping HOWTO
- Getting Linux 2.6 to work on a Dell Latitude
- Dreambox satellite receiver, some perhaps useful
- Futex manpages I authored (with help from
Rusty). Futexes are high performance
locking primitives in the 2.6 kernel.
- How to get the linenumber from a linux kernel oops
- Linux Logical Volume Management HOWTO (unmaintained)
- Lex & YACC HOWTO
- Some evil ideas about
decentralised loadbalancing/clustering, with no single point of failure
- Beginnings of an rrdtool HOWTO (unfinished, but
- At one point, I got all fired up about synchronous webservices
- Splitpipe, a tool to spread the
output of, say, tar over multiple volumes (DVDs, CDs, hard disks etc).
- Tool to display your logical volumes (unmaintained)
- Tool to display 'cachedness' of files: cinfo.
FreeBSD, recent OpenBSD, Linux, Solaris
- The Wonder Shaper for lag-less
uploading & downloading over ADSL/Cablemodem
mail receiver & popserver
- MTasker, very simple cooperative multitasking in C++
for people, like me, who are not smart enough for state machines
- vmloader, tool to load a virtual memory system in
various ways and report stats. Unmaintained, but might be useful
Friend & family pages
Tue, 14 October 14, 15:33 CEST